If you’re new to online CBD sales, you may want to know what platforms you can use to process your payments. The good news is there are many different CBD-friendly payment processors available today. In this article, you will find all the information you need about CBD payment processors.
Not all commercial payment processors allow the sale of CBD products through their platforms. Payment platforms that work with CBD businesses are considered to be high-risk payment processors. The best platforms are USAePay, NMI, and PayKings. It’s important to carefully consider which of these services will suit your company.
Keep reading to learn more about CBD payment processors and their role in helping businesses that sell CBD products. Let’s dive right in.
What Is Meant by High-Risk CBD Payment Processors?
CBD and other cannabis-derived products are gaining popularity around the world.
Although the stigma is disappearing, all CBD products are classified as “high-risk,” regardless of the plant they are derived from. That is why banking institutions and payment processors like PayPal do not accept CBD transactions.
Consequently, many CBD businesses and online shop owners are hurrying to find CBD payment processing solutions so they don’t miss out on opportunities in this fast-growing industry. It’s important to find a payment processor that is the right solution for your individual business.
What Are the Benefits of CBD Payment Processing?
When you think about what makes a business successful, you will likely look at two things: customer satisfaction and profits. You cannot achieve either of these objectives without reliable payment processing options.
Let’s evaluate some of the benefits of CBD payment processing.
1. Payment Processors Allow Payment Using Credit or Debit Cards
One of the most popular online purchasing methods is to pay using a credit or debit card. If you cannot accept these payment methods, your clients will most likely seek out other vendors.
To help you attract and keep clients, you will need to set up CBD payment processing with a payment company that accepts these preferred forms of transactions. This is necessary because without clients there is no profit.
2. Payment Processors Allow Alternative Payment Methods
An intelligent system will allow your clients to buy CBD goods using a range of alternative payment gateway methods, including:
- Gift cards
- Prepaid cards
- Bank transfers
- Buy-now-pay-later alternatives
3. Reduced Risk of Mistakes
Don’t inconvenience yourself by dealing with payment processing inconsistencies on top of managing client queries and adding new CBD goods to your e-commerce inventory.
Instead of spending hours training personnel to correct any accounting problems that may develop, rely on CBD payment processors.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a CBD Payment Processor
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) strictly regulates CBD products. As a result, CBD is regarded as a high-risk category, and e-commerce business owners must use appropriate payment methods in order to stay compliant.
Even if banks are unable to help you with CBD payment processing, there are a number of gateways that allow you to conduct transactions in the same manner as with low-risk businesses.
However, you should think about a few essential factors before deciding on a service:
- Keep an eye out for CBD payment processors that work with your e-commerce site’s design.
- If you have a physical retail location, you should also seek a firm that offers point-of-sale (POS) capabilities since this will ease the burden on your team’s in-office and administrative responsibilities.
- Maintain contracts that are reasonable, and look for a company that provides quality customer assistance.
- Remember that there are a lot of expenses that must be considered when choosing a payment processor.
The Best CBD-Friendly Payment Processors
In the CBD sector, competition is fierce, so if you want to optimize profit potential and client retention rates, you must be at the top of your game.
A CBD payment processor can provide your business with the ideal customized solution while removing the headaches of administrative work, bookkeeping, and business upkeep.
Here are a few of the best CBD-friendly payment processors available today:
USAePay is a PCI-certified primary payment gateway service provider. Founded in 1998, USAePay has a longstanding history of providing ecommerce, retail, and telephone/mail order solutions to companies of all sizes.
Pros of USAePay
- User-friendly features that are unique to your business and solutions created to fit your needs
- Enhanced user experience
- Excellent client service
- Newly designed virtual terminal
Drawbacks of USAePay
- Slightly outdated hardware
- Somewhat behind its competitors regarding service options
This CBD payment processor offers clients a unified commerce approach and accepts a variety of payment methods, including credit and debit cards. NMI gives you detailed information about your transactions.
Pros of NMI:
- Provides international payment possibilities
- Supports ACH, credit cards, and debit cards
- Quick payment processing
- Numerous MID capabilities
Drawbacks of NMI:
- More fees compared with other competitors
PayKings is widely regarded as the most reputable service provider in the CBD sector. Mobile solutions, offshore merchant accounts, and online credit card payment processing are just a few of the advantages offered by this payment processor.
Pros of PayKings:
- Most systems are seamlessly integrated
- Rates as low as 2.49% are available
- Within six hours, permission and pre-approval are granted
- Over 20 banks are part of a direct network
Drawbacks of PayKings
- Multiple jobs at once can be challenging to manage
- User interface can be difficult to navigate
Additional Options To Consider
I recently investigated 2 additional CBD payment processors. Both Digipay and Square are options you should consider for your CBD payment processing needs. Check out the links below to learn more about these options.
There are many different CBD payment processor options to select from when starting your business. The most important aspect of choosing the correct service is ensuring that you are using a reputable high-risk payment processor. It is essential to consider the fees and other policies involved with these services.
Now that you’ve learned everything you need to know about CBD payment processors, you are sure to succeed in your business endeavors.